Seismic Design & Retrofit of Acute Care Facilities
This resource provides engineering professionals a list of materials addressing seismic design and retrofit issues of acute care facilities (hospitals).
- California Seismic Safety Commission – Findings and Recommendations on Hospital Seismic Safety (2001)
- California Seismic Safety Commission
- International Risk Management Institute (IRMI) – Understanding the Vulnerability of Hospitals to Natural Disasters (2004)
- MCEER – Articles on Hospital Research
- MCEER – Enhancing the Resilience of Acute Care Facilities: An Overview of MCEER Research
- MCEER – Seismic Retrofit of Acute Care Facilities
- Seismic Safety – Will California's Hospitals Be Ready for the Next Big Quake?
- Seismic Safety
- SB1953 and the Challenge of Hospital Seismic Safety in California
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – Preparing for the "Big One"—Saving Lives through Earthquake Mitigation in Los Angeles, CA