News & Outreach
MCEER in the News
- Researchers study maar craters, by Cory Nealon, UB Reporter, November 26, 2012
- Volcano Explosion Testing, Daily Planet segment, Discovery Channel Canada, September 26, 2012 (segment airs about 7:15 minutes into the video)
- Maars' Volcanoes: Research Seeks to Understand Strange Eruptions, by Douglas Main, Our Amazing Planet, August 20, 2012
- Scientists Do Explosive Volcano Research, UPI.com, Aug. 15, 2012
- Experiment Simulating Volcanic Eruption Draws International Attention, by Cory Nealon, UB Reporter, August 2, 2012
- UB Research Probes Volcanic Activity, by David Bertola, Business First, July 31, 2012
PBS NewsHour Features Expertise of UB Earthquake Engineering Professor
UB News; March 30, 2012
- Seismic Training Efforts Help Haitians Help Themselves
Engineering News Record; January 30, 2012
UB's Structural Engineering and Earthquake Simulation Laboratory facilities and MCEER research are featured in a 2011 Customer Case Study published by MTS Systems Corporation. MTS has collaborated with SEESL since 1983 to provide the laboratory with the latest test equipment.
Recent Honors, Awards and Recognitions
This section showcases the achievements of MCEER's research and management team members.
Salvatore Salamone, Assistant Professor of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, has been awarded a 2011 Faculty Grant from the American Society for Nondestructive Testing.
Michel Bruneau, Professor of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering and former Director of MCEER, received the 2012 T.R. Higgins Lectureship Award
- Michel Bruneau, Professor of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering and former Director of MCEER, received the ASCE 2011 George Winter Award
Andrei M. Reinhorn, Professor of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering and Clifford C. Furnas Professor of Structural Engineering received the ASCE 2011 Nathan M. Newmark Medal
Recent Home Page Stories
Meetings, Conferences and Workshops
- For a list of upcoming and recent MCEER-sponsored or co-sponsored meetings, conferences and workshops, visit the Meetings page.
- For information about the UniQ-UB/MCEER Earthquake Engineering Seminar Series in Haiti, visit the Haiti Education page.
- For information about seminars sponsored by the Student Chapter of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (UB-EERI), the CSEE-Graduate Student Association (CSEE-GSA), MCEER, the George E. Brown, Jr. Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (NEES) and the Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering (CSEE), visit the Engineering Seminar Series page and the T.T. Soong Student Lecture Series page.
- For information about the Bridge Engineering Guest Speaker Series, presented by the Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering and MCEER, visit the Bridge Engineering Guest Speaker Series page.