2001 Shamsher Prakash Research Award
Shamsher Prakash Foundation solicits nomination (no application) for the "2001
Shamsher Prakash Research Award" for young engineers, scientists
and researchers from all over the world. Nominess must be 40 years or younger.
In other words, their date of birth must be May 31, 1961 or later.
Nominations are invited so as to reach the Honorary Secretary on or before
May 31, 2001.
The candidates should be specialist in Geotechnical Engineering and/or Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and it is necessary that they have significant
independent contributions and show promise of excellence.
The Award consists of a cash prize US $1100.00 and a plaque. The nominations may be made on a plain paper.
All nominations will be reviewed by a Judging Committee of International Experts from Chile, Canada, Greece, Italy, Japan, and United States, and the award
will be announced by September 30, 2001. Suitable arrangements will be made for making the award at an appropriate ceremony in the country of residence of the
Recent Award Winners:
|| Roberto Paolucci
|| Jonathan D. Bray
Particulars for Nomination
Please send seven complete assembled folders to the Foundation. The following information must be included in this order in each folder:
- Name of the Candidate
- Complete postal address and telephone, fax number, E-mail
- Date of birth, and age on May 31, 2001
- Chronology of education
- Chronology of jobs held
- Area of specialization
- Complete list of refereed publication in journals (please enclose not more than five (5) significant publications).
- A statement of 500 words of the Significant Contributions (on separate sheet)
- 5" x 7" color/black and white photograph with a negative (No digital photo please)
- Any other relevant information
For Further Information
Sally Prakash, Honorary Secretary,
Shamsher Prakash Foundation
Anand Kutir, 1111 Duane Ave.
Rolla, MO 65401 (USA)
Fax: (573) 364-5572(*51)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com