IDARC Computer Program Updated to Version 7.0
IDARC, a computer program for nonlinear structural analysis that allows many aspects of concrete behavior to be explicitly modeled, has recently been updated, and a new technical report and users manual is available (see report review on page 14).The IDARC program was developed by MCEER investigator Andrei Reinhorn, University at Buffalo, and was first introduced in 1987.
Version 7.0 includes the following features and additions:
- Addition of new rocking column element
- New nonlinear-elastic-cyclic model with either negative or positive stiffness
- Added story velocity output
- Added white-noise ground motion analysis for horizontal and vertical shaking
- Expanded limits of numbers of elements and input wave data
- Added special spring hysteretic model for wire base isolation element
- New “case studies” for examples and program validation
- Expanded Users Group and internet site support
Details of the program’s new features and enhancements, references to the analytical basis for them, and program availability information can be found on the IDARC web site.