US-PRC COLLABORATION ON EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING RESEARCH
Under Annex III to the US-PRC Protocol for Scientific and Technical Cooperative Research, three high priority categories are identified for bilateral collaboration between US and PRC researchers for the next five years. They are:
- Auto-adaptive and Sensing Materials for Disaster Resistant Construction
- Infrastructure Design for Ground Motions in Urban Areas
- Advanced Disaster Response Management
Individuals interested in pursuing joint research with colleagues in China are encouraged to submit a brief statement to
with copy to
by September 1, 2001.
All brief proposals will be reviewed at the October 2001 US-PRC protocol meeting by the joint delegations of US and China.
The brief proposal should be not more that 3-4 pages in length including
- Topic and Proposed PI, Institution and information for communication
- Objectives and Project Description (1-2 pages)
- Other Investigators with their specialties and institutions if a team of researchers is involved
- Expected results from collaboration and proposed period of joint research and schedule
- The name, institution of your proposed collaborator in China, and his (her) expertise. If possible include evidence of his (her) willingness to cooperate.
If you do not have a potential collaborator, please indicate your desire to have one. The joint committee will try to identify a potential research partner for you.
After the meeting in October, you will be informed about the committee recommendations. Those recommended will be encouraged to submit proposals to NSF (and for your partners to submit to Chinese funding agencies) to carry out the joint study.